Instructions to the Presenters
In order to join a session, please login Zoom using your email address registered with EDAS (i.e. the email address you are normally using to log in to EDAS).
- The oral paper presentations are for 15 minutes, which may not be exceeded. 12 minutes time for the presentation and 3 minutes for the Q & A. There are a maximum of 8 presentations in each oral session.
- The Oral Presentations are done in ZOOM.
- Each session will have 2 Session Chairs, a Moderator, Presenters and participants of that session.
- Presenters and Participants are expected to join the ZOOM link 10 minutes prior to the starting of their session. They will be routed to their respective session rooms
- Moderator will co-ordinate the session, manage Q & A and the presenters will report to the moderator
- For 12 minutes of presentation, you can prepare around maximum of 15 slides in PowerPoint, including the introduction and end slide
- Be sure that the PowerPoint slides have the same layout all way through
- Observe that the content of each slide is not too detailed
- The possibilities of animations are numerous. Please do not exaggerate
- Graphs and figures are often better than tables at an oral presentation. Flow charts are very appropriate to describe material
- If you wish to add films (demonstrations & executions) or other sorts of interactive materials, please include these in the presentation (do not access them through internet, as this may not work to your satisfaction) and inform the Conference Office beforehand
- The Presenters will be presenting through online Zoom Link, which is shared below.
- Please have your file as a PowerPoint file, ready to be shared in ZOOM.
- Your slides should have an aspect ratio of 16:9 (wide screen).
- Also, share your presentation slide with the Session Moderator for compilation
DETAILED ZOOM GUIDE FOR PRESENTERS
INITIAL ZOOM SETUP
- Please install Zoom in advance.
- For a stable connection to the meeting, please check the Zoom Webinar Best Practices and Resources.
- Before you connect to the Zoom Platform, have the PowerPoint presentation open on your desktop, NOT in presenter mode. We recommend you to use Laptop/Desktops instead of phone for a better presentation experience and control.
- Close all other windows/apps, especially mail programs
- Make sure you are in a space where you can control noise and interruptions. You can connect to the audio by phone or using a headset connected to your computer. We do not recommend using the microphone on a laptop, as this is not high enough quality for the recording.
- If you leave Zoom on, make sure that your microphone is muted during the break.
HOW TO JOIN THE SESSION
- The Zoom Link and credentials are
CONNECT TO THE CONFERENCE USING THE BELOW ZOOM DETAILS:
Meeting ID: 991 8029 4302 Password: 284333
- Click on the ZOOM session link to join the meeting.
- If you are joining the Session before the host has started the meeting, please wait in the lobby until the host starts the Session. Inform your Paper ID and Session No. to the moderator. Once you are admitted, you will be connected into your respective Breakroom, by the moderator.
- Inform the host (Moderator)that you are thepresenter, in Chat Window.
- When the Session Chair calls out your Paper ID, you can share your Screen from your computer.
- Click on the Share icon, either in the main window or in the control panel.
- If asked, choose “basic” screen sharing,
- Select the PowerPoint presentation you wish to display (NOT the “screen” option), this makes sure participants can only see your presentation, nothing else that may be going on with your computer during the presentation. Your slide deck will then come up as your main screen.
- In PowerPoint:
- Switch to Slide Show mode.
- Give your presentation.
- When done, click Zoom's Stop Share button.
- A live Q&A Session will follow each talk/presentation, moderated by the Session Chair/Moderator
- Participants will be muted and they need to submit questions through the Chat window to the moderator only (host), during the presentation before the Q &A Session starts
- The Session Chair/Moderator will select and ask the questions during the Q&A session. There may not be enough time to answer all questions. The Moderator will make sure to ask related questions in the approximate order that they were first submitted.
- The Moderator will have the ability to unmute participants if this is needed to elaborate on their questions (please note that due to the limited Q&A duration, participants may want to discuss with the author(s) off-line).